Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tales From Under The Desk: Prologue

It had become a running joke between us. Sometimes it was me under his desk; other times it was "the girl" under his desk. But she was there, tending to his needs, rubbing and kissing his feet and whatever else might come up. I’ve often thought how funny it would be for him to truly discover a girl under his desk. I even got a wild hair late last year and schemed how to make it happen.

Because the type of work he does is creative and competitive, security is pretty tight in the building. You can’t just stroll in and act like you know where you’re going. So much for my scheme, though it’s a shame because it would have made for a pretty good laugh. He is divine when he laughs.

Coincidence, though a little late, did present itself for this. A friend dragged me to a play party last week. They aren’t really my thing. I don’t play casually and watching other people play doesn’t do much for me. But she wanted to go and was nervous about going alone. So we went.

After the cursory tour of the play space, I spent most of the evening upstairs where people were clothed and in upright positions. I did meet a woman and we hit it off conversationally as soon as we introduced ourselves. We chatted for over an hour and it was that kind of girl talk that so rarely happens to me any more. It was great.

After a while, her husband came up from the basement, looking somewhat aroused. He sat with us and I got to know him a little better. I couldn’t believe it when he said he worked in security at the very building I’d been trying to get into. A couple of hours and a couple of drinks later, I’d filled them both in on my scheme and he agreed to help me pull it off. Not wanting to miss the fun, she offered to help, too.

To be continued...

No comments: