Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gonna change my way of thinking

I've spent the past few days at the tail-end of an escalating dance with H (my husband) where we basically haven't spoken or interacted much at all. The same situation, the same discussion - we don't really fight... and a different solution presented as a possible fix. The thing is we make great plans of what will happen moving forward and nothing happens. No action items come out of the discussions. Just another description of "this is how it will be." Nothing changes. Wait several months and start the process all over again.

I'm changing my expectations. I've tried this mindset on for a week or so and it's been difficult. But not impossible.

Night before last I had a dream that I was in a hotel room and woke up with a snake in the bed. I hate snakes, but this one wasn't bothersome to me. In the night, apparently, it had shed its skin - twice. I didn't put the usual heavy thought into dream analysis on this one and just went about my day. Work is kicking my ass and I don't have time to do much else. So after the above scenario with H took place, I was talking with E (my Dom) and he was quick to point out that the snake dream clearly represented change.

It was a lightbulb moment. A simple and clear message that I almost missed. I felt a lot better after thinking on this. Hell, I even felt hopeful.

No comments: