Thursday, August 03, 2006

Coincidentally...

Let's see... three people talked to me yesterday about expectations. Sure, it's my latest buzz word, but I feel there is some of that coincidental and mystical prompting involved here as well. It seems like the times when I'm not experiencing those odd coincidences are the times I'm feeling out of sync with the rest of the world.

This morning as I was making my rounds through my favorite blogs, I had a hair-raising moment. The last paragraph of Dirty Secret Girl's entry had me nodding my head. The content there is usually fun and exciting fantasy stuff of sexual experiences that are delicious. But this is different. This post easily could have been written by me... okay, most of it. I have been going through those same cycles in my marriage and I'm not going to do that to myself any longer. So as I mentioned yesterday, I'm changing my expectations of this relationship. A friend told me yesterday that I deserve better and they're absolutely right.

So there's my affirmation for the day. Some of you may be thinking that this is further proof that polyamorous relationships don't work. I can honestly say that the other relationships in our lives have not caused this situation. They may have served as a catalyst to bring awareness more quickly, but the situation was there long before the other relationships were. That's a topic for another day... maybe.

Next on my list of Challenges for the Day is removing wax from the tassled end of a riding crop. I'm going to arm myself with a roll of paper towels, some real towels and the iron. Wish me luck.

Oh, and the woman has started her trek across the parking lot, so I see more to come in A Gift.

1 comment:

Humidifiers Pomona said...

Grreat blog you have