Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sex... In... Spaaaaaace.....

It’s all over the news… in order to have sex in space, you have to be into bondage. Velcro is the thing. It gives a whole new meaning to those trips to Dom Depot, huh?

So if you have to be kinky to do it in space, what does that mean for the other aspects of our kink? Will floggers still flog with the same thwackiness in anti-gravity? I’m guessing not. Will a paddling have the same level of intensity? Good question. But what about things like… say, clamps or clothespins? Will they still clamp as hard? Do battery operated devices work in space? They did in Apollo 13 (the movie version anyway).

I guess things like hot wax and watersports are out. Too messy. Will the use of lubricant become a much more thoughtful type of decision? Is the image of droplets of lube finding their way onto something important like the landing gear switch just frightening?

Will adult-themed space resorts have dungeons? Would you freefloat away from the wall, tethered only by the chains that attach you to it? So many questions…

It sounds like a whole bevy of problems to me. But rest assured, those of you who are already making your space travel reservations, someone somewhere is working on these important issues.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

B____,

Here's my take.

Hugs,
Bonnie

bella said...

That's an excellent story Bonnie. I, too, hate that he had to leave so quickly. The Ride belt concept makes perfect sense but I'm struggling with the tubes of wine. *g*

Thank you for the comment and for sharing your story.

B_

Bonnie said...

B,

When I wrote that story, I sought to paint an emotional starkness that closely paralleled the very black and white physical starkness of space.

Yes, alas, a wine tube comes with a screw top (horrors!) But it has to be a tube. Otherwise, the wine ends up all over the room.

This was probably the most challenging fictional story I've ever written. Randy and I had several long discussions about the physics of zero gravity. I wanted to create a world that was possible.

Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed it.